Monday, July 19, 2010

Working Hard In Poverty (WHIP) July 19, 2010

Mateo emptied out the entire mud and branch contents of his Crocs sandal in the fragile bathroom sink. I swear that this sink is designed for prissy 6 year old girls. I've already used an organic drain cleaning made from sage and rosemary which cost way too much money but appealed to my sense of environmental responsibility. Then, when it made not one iota of difference, I tried my best to drain the water myself. What is a pea trap anyway? It is clean now, whatever it is. In desperation yesterday I went out and bought generic Dollar Store drain cleaner which must be what they make abortificients in 3rd world countries. Still not working. If I had skipped the drain cleaners completely and just hired Barmore plumbing to come from Alpine, it would have been about the same amount of money. Sigh.

The only other interesting aspect of this experience is its parallel to the mud cap procedure in the Gulf. They filled that hole with mud and it seems to be working. Perhaps they should have hired Mateo.

No comments:

Post a Comment